Thursday, December 19, 2013

VIDEO: Beyonce Before She Became Queen Bey In Long Lost 'Star Search' Video



Before Destiny’s Child was born, a pre-teen Queen Bey was just another up-and-comer in the all-girl group, Girl’s Tyme.

And she was reaching for the stars even then when she and the other five members of her single ladies posse performed on Star Search (think American Idol in the '80s.)

Mrs. Shawn Carter gives us a glimpse of her early rise to fame as she intro’d her newest single “Flawless” with Star Search host Ed McMahon's voice bringing the Houston-based challengers to the stage (even giving a shout-out to the soon-to-be one-name superstar).

"Beyonce, LaTavia, Nina, Nikki, Kelly and Ashley, the hip-hop rappin' Girl's Tyme!" he said.

Following in the footsteps of pop sensations Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera and Usher, as you can see in the video above, Bey had her signature moves already down.

"When I was in the studio, I was threading the songs together, and I thought of this performance, which was a really defining moment in my life as a child," Beyonce said of the 1990 performance in a video she posted on YouTube about her decision to put the clip in the music video. "In my mind we would perform on Star Search, we would win, we would get a record deal, and that was my dream at the time. There's no way in the world I would have ever imagined losing as a possibility. I was only 9 years old. At that time you don't realize that you could work super hard and give everything you have and lose. It was the best message for me."

Watch video below...

No comments:

Post a Comment