Saturday, December 31, 2011

Giuliana Rancic: I’ve Been Given a Second Lease on Life


        Just two weeks after undergoing a double mastectomy, Giuliana Rancic is in great spirits and ready to ring in 2012 with a clean slate. The E! News host and her hubby Bill, who will be hosting Nivea’s New Year’s Eve event in Times Square, revealed that they’re ready to “throw out the rear view mirror” and move on from the heartaches of the past year.
“I’ve been given a second lease on life. I’m very lucky. I got a raw deal in 2011, but it’s okay because I have a lot to be thankful for. I have an amazing husband, great family and friends. I’m very lucky… and we’re both happy to move on from all of this,” Giuliana told Celebuzz at the Nivea Kiss of a Lifetime event at the Chatwal Hotel in NYC.


         Her hubby chimed in adding: “This is the finish line, and we’re ready for New Year’s. We’re going to have the time of our lives and throwing out the rear view mirror. We’re not looking in the past… Tomorrow is going to be a celebration and an amazing night. I have one rule: you have to forget about everything and have fun
        Back in October Giuliana first went public on NBC’s Today about being diagnosed with breast cancer, and she has no regrets about putting the “most vulnerable time in her life” out there for the public to see.
“It was tough going public in the beginning,” she told Celebuzz, admitting it is still difficult for her to watch her interview with Ann Curry. “I’m such a different person than the scared little girl everyone saw on TV that day… Now, it’s okay. I’m not as scared to talk about it because I see the impact it has made — and I would do it all over again. I’ve helped so many women. I’m so lucky that I shared my story and was able to save lives.”
Looking back on the past year, Giuliana admits there was times that she’d just “fall apart,” but she wanted to be as raw as possible for her fans. “I have a lot of weaknesses too. The best part of my job isn’t wearing gorgeous gowns on a red carpet or interviewing George Clooney — though that’s not bad,” she joked. “The best part is being able to reach millions of women and help them feel less alone
        Her adoring hubby Bill candidly chimed in telling his wife, “I don’t think you realize right now how brave you are. In five years, you’re going to look back on this and say, ‘Wow. How was I able to do that and go on TV and share my story?’ You’re courageous and I’m really proud of you. You won’t realize the magnitude of what you’ve done for many, many years.”
So what plans do the couple have for 2012? She and Bill are planning plenty of vacations, in addition to opening up their new restaurant in Chicago. But most of all, they are ready to start giving back.
“One of our New Year’s resolutions is to do more things for other people,” Bill said. “We want to help others who are struggling. We want help give others a better life.”

No comments:

Post a Comment