Saturday, December 31, 2011

Russell Brand Files for Divorce from Katy Perry

       Katy Perry and Russell Brand are over! Brand, 36, filed for divorce in L.A. on Friday, citing irreconcilable differences.
A Katy source tells Celebuzz: “They really loved each other and I hope will remain friends. I think they will. Their careers have kept them apart, both of them are very focused on that right now.”
The source goes on to say that there is still hope for the couple, adding, “I could possibly see them getting back together at some point later in their lives though.”
     “Sadly, Katy and I are ending our marriage,” Rusell said in a statement to People. “I’ll always adore her and I know we’ll remain friends.”
The two were apart over the holidays, leading many to believe the marriage was over. The Get Him to the Greek actor was seen strolling around London’s West End on Thursday and was not sporting his wedding ring.

 Meanwhile, Katy was soaking up the sun in Hawaii. There have been reports all week that the couple had a “massive fight” that led to them spending the holidays apart
  
The couple began dating in 2009 and Brand popped the question four months later. The duo married in October 2010 in a lavish ceremony in northern India.
Over the last year, the two have been fighting off pesky rumors.
Earlier this month, when asked about his marriage to the pop star, Russell told talk show host Ellen DeGeneres:
“I’ve treated the whole Internet now like it’s a wicked little liar. Yeah. I am really happily married.”

No comments:

Post a Comment