Thursday, January 13, 2011

Shady Records Officially Signs Slaughterhouse & Yelawolf

  After months, and over three million copies of his new "Recovery" album sold, Eminem has finally signed the upcoming hot new rap groupo, Slaughterhouse. Not only did Eminem add the four-man group (which includes his long-time friend Royce Da 5'9, to his Shady Records label; but he also signed Alabama's own, Yelawolf (who recently did a guest feature on Shady Records' D-12 artist Bizarre's latest album "Friday Night At St. Andrews.") Confirmed and discussed in the new March issue of XXL Magazine (which goes on sale February 8th), Eminem's comments on the new official Shady Records artists...
     “Yelawolf and Slaughterhouse, it’s kinda phase two of Shady,” says Eminem. “It’s the new   generation of Shady Records and as we’re trying to rebuild our label, it’s exciting for hip-hop and with all of these forces coming together and with what everybody’s capable of on the mic, it’s gonna be fun.”

   XXL Magazine made sure to get a reaction from Yelawolf who basically before signing [to Shady Records] was just an up-and-coming rapper from Alabama. Now Yelawolf has signed on wth an artist who sold the most records in the last decade, beating out everyone including The Beatles.      
 “Considering where I’m from and the shit I’ve been through, it’s hardto put into words what partnering with Shady means to me, my team at Ghet-O-Vision, and my state of Alabama. I can tell you that when you’re willing to give yourlife up to see a dream through, the reward is great. And now that I’ve become anapprentice to one of the greatest artists in the world, my potential reaches beyond anything I ever imagined. Let’s kill this shit.”


No comments:

Post a Comment